Friday, October 13, 2006

Travel with Jake Hess

Jake and I are using the net in Arusha. It is 11:34 and we are about to post some letters, followed by a nice lunch at our favorite eating establishment in this terrible city.

At 15h00, we are meeting Renalda in front of Shoprite (a grocery store), and then we will take the daladala together to Moshi, a town at the base of Kilimanjaro. We will stay in Moshi tonight, and tomorrow night we are going to visit Mama D's brother in Kisamo, a small town at a higher altitude near Kilimanjaro. Tomorrow is a market day in Kisamo, and Mama D says market days there are just as hectic as they are in Dar es Salaam. Should be exciting! And I look forward to seeing Kilimajaro, even if I don't have the 800 USD required to climb it.

On Tuesday, Marek arrives (that's Emma's boyfriend). I think that Jake and I are going to travel to Tanga, a town on the coast of Tanzania, on Monday. We'll stay there until Saturday and come back by Sunday, when Jake, Emma, Marek, the Doc and I will visit Ngorogoro Crater together. And then, the following Monday, Emma, Marek and I are off on our adventures to Dar and Zanzibar!

In essence, I won't be around much. But maybe I'll be in contact more frequently, since I'll be in larger cities with Net access. We'll see. Anyhow, if I don't get to update again for a while, look forward to some adventurous reports in the future ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home